specializes in Friendly, Experienced Test Prep Tutor Gets Results! · female
||$85 (for 60 min)
||in-person (not online)
||1 year and 7 months
Are you looking for an experienced, results-oriented Test Prep Tutor? You've come to the right place!
Since 1997, I have been enjoying tutoring students of all ages and abilities in a wide range of subjects, specializing in ACT, SAT, GED, GRE, ASVAB, NLN, TOEFL, GMAT, praxis, ssat, and other standardized exams. I am very patient and can help you develop the skills necessary to reach your goals.
Sessions are held in my Richfield home tutoring center and are typically 2 hours for standardized exam prep and 1 hour for all other subjects. E-mail and phone support is provided between sessions.
Please keep in mind that you can receive a 5% to 20% discount when you purchase tutoring hours in advance.
Students of any age will benefit from my diverse tutoring experiences, wide range of subject knowledge, and ability to customize tutoring sessions to meet their unique needs and goals. To help make your experience enjoyable, as well as productive, I employ a variety of strategies and resources.
My students report they find me friendly, motivating, and non-judgmental. I welcome feedback from students and parents at any time.
"I'd had an upset stomach all morning - and sweating and worrying and afraid to check [my son's] recent [ACT] test score. I finally got up the courage to go online and get an early report. I was overjoyed - tears streaming down my face. I cannot tell you how happy, relieved, excited, etc....I am. I called my husband to tell him and he was going to text [our son] to let him know. He will be so excited! Thank you, thank you - a million thank yous. (and a big hug) You are the best!"
Julie, parent of 11th grader (ACT exam prep)
"[My son] got his ACT scores back and got a 33. We were all very happy. Those couple of points will really help him with the top tier schools he wants to apply to. We all agree the increase would not have been possible without the tutoring ... We really appreciate all the help. I am sure you will see us in 3 more years when my younger son starts preparing for the ACT."
Elizabeth, parent of 11th grader (ACT exam prep)
"[My son] was very impressed with the session today and thinks that you are a great tutor. It was the first time I've seen him confident about preparing for an exam. Thank you so much! ... Thanks again for working so well with my son."
[and later ...]
"I can't thank you enough for all that you did to help him achieve a qualifying score to join [the U.S. Marine Corps]. It would not have happened without you."
Frank, parent of young adult (ASVAB exam prep)
"I just wanted [to] say thanks for tutoring [our daughter]. She had nothing but good things to say about you, and appreciated your understanding just how busy her schedule is! We are also really pleased with the results ... she can cast her net more widely and entertain other options, something that her father and I are really happy about."
Jeane, parent of 11th grader (ACT exam prep)
"A" -- ACT exam prep (18 hrs of tutoring)
ACT composite score increased from 19 to 28 (47%), with a 17-point (189%) increase in English!
"C" --> GRE exam prep (7.5 hrs of tutoring)
Math score increased from 680 to 740 (of 780 total), a 9% increase!
"H" -- ACT exam prep (10 hrs of tutoring)
ACT composite score increased from 22 to 28 (27%), with a 12-point (60%) increase in Science!
"M1" --> ACT exam prep (10 hrs of tutoring)
ACT composite score increased from 18 to 25 (39%), with a 9-point (56%) increase in Math!
"M2" -- GRE exam prep (10 hrs of tutoring)
Math score increased from 40 to 63% (23%) ... Verbal score increased from 73 to 91% (18%)
"M3" -- ACT exam prep (8 hrs of tutoring)
ACT composite score increased from 29 to 32 (10%), with a 6-point (21%) increase in English!
"M3" -- SAT exam prep (6 hrs of tutoring)
SAT composite score increased from 2050 to ... awaiting results
"S" -- ACT exam prep (18 hrs of tutoring)
ACT composite score increased from 20 to 24 (20%), with a 7-point (35%) increase in Reading!
"L" -- GMAT exam prep, Start score: 430
"R" -- GMAT exam prep, Start score: 540
~ Sessions customized to the unique needs of each student
~ Flexible scheduling 7 days per week year-round, space permitting
~ Prompt replies to questions, comments
~ Individual and small group formats available
~ Exceptional testimonials from satisfied clients
~ A tutor who loves teaching others what they want to know!
- Exam prep tutoring for ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, GED, ASVAB, and other college- and career-entrance exams
- College admissions essay and resume writing
- Corporate training in requested subjects; currently available for full-time or part-time contract or permanent work
- K-12 subjects and college coursework
- Pre-algebra, Algebra, Geometry homework help
- Support with study skills, time management, and organization
- Essay writing, term papers
- Internet tutoring (navigation, e-mail, Skype, photo upload, etc)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Accent reduction, ESL, business correspondence, literary/poetry analysis
- Elementary German
- Summer prep
- Life coaching for new high school grads
- Experienced professional tutor, since 1997
- (Registered) Nursing student, beginning Jan 2012
- Master's degree: Library & Information Science, 3.9 GPA
- Bachelor's degrees: Physiology and German
- Manuscript evaluator: Barron's ACT, GMAT, and GED prep manuals
- Certified Test Administrator: Evaluation of Basic Skills
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Nursing Assistant/Registered, pending Dec 2011 exam
- Who's Who member, The Chancellor's List, 2005, 2006
- National Scholars Honor Society member