Dr. Susovan Pal
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics · specializes in Mathematics, Statistics · 36-40 years old male
"I'm a specialized online tutor in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning and English as a Second Language (ESL). I received my PhD in mathematics in the US (Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ), and held my postdoctoral positions in reputed institutions in France (Ecole Polytechnique, INRIA) and USA (UCLA). I've extensive teaching and tutoring experience in many areas of more...
"I'm a specialized online tutor in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning and English as a Second Language (ESL). I received my PhD in mathematics in the US (Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ), and held my postdoctoral positions in reputed institutions in France (Ecole Polytechnique, INRIA) and USA (UCLA). I've extensive teaching and tutoring experience in many areas of mathematics, e.g. trigonometry, precalculus, algebra, differential equations as well as many other topics. I also had great scores in GRE and other competitive exams en route to my PhD.
I love to share my passion for mathematics, statistics and machine learning with my students, by means of tutoring, seminars, talks etc. Being an expert in the subject, I
can teach/tutor any level - this means from precalculus to linear algebra, group theory, differential equations and many more! Besides mathematics, I also teach English as a second language (ESL), where I'm TESOL certified.
My teaching specialties include:
1. My familiarity with all level of mathematics, thanks to my doctorate in the subject. This is also the reason I can help student see why knowledge certain background is necessary for more advanced topics in mathematics. My vast mathematical knowledge, combined with my time in both academia and industry, sometimes also help me to answer students' questions on their career choices.
2. My teaching experience in large (roughly 30-40 students per class) and small (one to two students) group settings.
3. My effective visualization process with charts, diagrams, and tables to make things easy for the students.
4. In case the student speaks French but not good in English, I can also tutor in French, where I've an intermediate level.
5. I'm well equipped for tutoring online, as I've done it before and effectively. I've a graphics tablet and a digital pen which I can use to write on an-built whiteboard, and and the writings appear on the screen and the students can see it the writing in real time. They can record the calls and I always share the filled-in whiteboards after the tutoring session, mostly in personalized Dropbox folders.
6. I'm a specialist in motivating the students to learn a new concept, for example, negative numbers, group theory or functional analysis. I've worked in industry for 2 years, so I've seen a lot of these concepts being used in real life, so I can help motivate on why (s)he is learning a new concept.
Please note that if you want a course that's not very popular, e.g. at university level e.g. real analysis, complex analysis, abstract algebra, statistics etc., then the price would be higher for obvious reason. In case of group classes, a certain discount would apply.
I'm here to help you and working with you!" less...
|fee:||$40 (for 60 min, negotiable)|
|years of tutoring:||5-10|
|students tutored:||100 and more|
|travel distance:||0 miles|
|meeting type:||online (only)|
|member for:||1 year and 12 months|
Education and Qualifications
|school:||Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA|
I'm a lifelong learner of mathematics. I did my PhD (doctorate) in Mathematics in 2013, and before that, I've also had a Masters and a Bachelors in Mathematics. During my PhD, I worked in differential geometry and low dimensional topology, and published several research papers in it. I was also a teaching assistant as a part of my doctoral course, and taught several courses in the classroom. These courses included, precalculus, calculus, differential equations, among others.
Paris, Île-de-France 75013, France
|Elementary & Junior High School|
|Algebra 2||Applied Math|
|Bengali||English as 2nd Language|
|ACT Math||ACT Reading|
|SAT I||SAT II|
5.0 out of 5 stars
Rating and Reviews
"Accommodated to my schedule, patient and respectful"
Susovan is a great tutor, very patient and respectful. He explains the concepts, definitions and problems that we worked on in depth. Was easy to understand and easy to follow along to. Also, provided outside sources for extra help and was accommodating to my schedule despite our time zones. Thank you
"Susovan makes so much sense"
I had him as a tutor for cal2 and everything he explained made so much sense. It makes such a differance to be able to do your homework stress free. He helped me pass my course and I will definently continue to have him as a tutor for future classes!
"outstanding and comfortable "
Dr. Susovan is an outstanding tutor. He is very knowledgeable in a wide range of math and physics. I am currently studying meteorology and although he doesn't have a background in meteorology he still helps me understand the mathematical portion of the class. After the first tutor session, I feel more comfortable in solving the mathematical questions on my own.
"Excellent tutor and really nice guy"
Excellent tutor. Susovan took lots of time to help me learn an abstract/obscure concept in mathematics. Really nice guy and awesome teacher.