Ms. Marguerite G.
Bachelor in Special Education · specializes in Reading · 60 or more years old female
"I am a successful, enthusiastic, and dynamic educator with extensive experience in collaborative services with parents, teachers, therapists, developmental specialists, and educational teams. Professional career reflects over thirty years of best practice experiences in family-centered direct services of instructional support, remediation, and consultation to families with students having private more...
"I am a successful, enthusiastic, and dynamic educator with extensive experience in collaborative services with parents, teachers, therapists, developmental specialists, and educational teams. Professional career reflects over thirty years of best practice experiences in family-centered direct services of instructional support, remediation, and consultation to families with students having private, parochial, and public schools.
Private Practice – 1985 – Present
• Direct service to individuals and small group of students in the K-12 grades.
• Direct instructional services and remediation of students implementing a variety of strategies and approaches to learning for students with atypical learning needs.
• Instructional support to elementary school students and high school students across the curriculum with the exclusion of middle school and high school math.
o Social Studies and Elementary Science
o Paragraph and Essay Writing
o Reading Responses
o Journal Writing
o Writing Across the Curriculum
Experienced Clinical Educator provides individual and small group services for reading acquisition, fluency, and comprehension of passages and literature, written expression, writing across the curriculum and analytical paragraphs/essays with fiction and non-fiction texts for First Grade – High School, early math concepts, and math skills through fifth grade. Phonemic awareness groups for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade students - individuals and small groups.
Literacy development based upon the Science of Reading provided to emergent readers and students who are experiencing dyslexia and atypical learning profiles.
Phonemic awareness, phonics skills, and decoding instruction taught through a multisensory approach based on the Orton-Gillingham structure of the English language.
Evidence-Based Instruction for Reading and Written Expression
• Wilson Language Training/Fundations
• Really Great Reading
• The Write Tools
• Step Up to Writing
• Analytical Writing
Executive Functioning Services for Elementary, Middle and High School Students
• Planning, monitoring, and assessing efficacy of technology, tools, and strategies for organization and management of materials and time individually developed for successful lifelong learning.
Consultation to parents, homeschool teachers, and micro-school leaders and teachers
• Developing programs of support for students with atypical learning profiles
• Implementing IEP and Service Plan goals for micro-school and homeschool learning communities.
• Supporting homeschool students as they navigate online learning experiences due to medically complex conditions, challenges with attention, and COVID-19." less...
|fee:||$80 (for 60 min, negotiable)|
|years of tutoring:||10 and more|
|students tutored:||100 and more|
|travel distance:||10 miles|
|meeting type:||online (only)|
|member for:||11 months|
|references:||References are available upon request from an individual student or student's family.|
Education and Qualifications
|school:||Northern Illinois University|
• Early Childhood Education/Special Education
Master of Arts Degree Program – Northeastern Illinois University Chicago, Illinois 1982
Elementary Education/Special Education
Bachelor of Arts Degree – Northern Illinois University – DeKalb, Illinois 1977
Wilson Language Training
Really Great Reading
The Write Tools
Step Up to Writing
Oak Park, IL 60302
full address is on file
|Elementary & Junior High School|
|Elementary Reading||English Language Arts|