Feeling too lazy to even begin studying? Procrastinating when you know you should be studying?
Read the tips below to stop procrastinating and start studying seriously!
– Exercise, eat, and rest before studying. To ensure you’re able to study to the best of your abilities, take care of your physical needs before you begin. Eat healthy, devote time to exercise, get a power nap to boost your energy. All these things give your mind the best possible opportunity to learn new information.
– Break down enormous tasks into smaller, more manageable ones. As you start to complete all of the smaller tasks on your list, you’ll start to feel like you’re making progress and your motivation for studying will gradually increase.
– Listen to music. Music is a great source of motivation. The right song with the right lyrics can get you powerfully motivated to study.
– Practice visualizing yourself working on the assignment, organizing your files, getting good grades. Studies have found that visualization makes a difference to professional athletes’ performance, so why don’t you as a student practice doing it as well?
– Stop what you’re doing and start immediately. It’s easy to tell yourself “I’ll begin to study in an hour” over and over again until you’ve wasted the entire day. Stop whatever you’re doing, go to a quiet, tranquil place where you can focus on what needs to be studied, and get started.
– Take a time limited approach in which you schedule your tasks. Ask yourself “how much can I achieve in the next 2 hours?” instead of “Can I complete all tasks?” In this way you do not get as easily overwhelmed by the volume of study you need to do.
– Stop sabotaging yourself by watching just one more episode of your favorite TV show, playing just one more video game, posting just one more picture on Instagram, etc. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll get things done and the more free time you’ll have in the long run.
– Reward yourself! Set yourself a goal and determine an appropriate reward once the objective is accomplished. By rewarding yourself, whenever a goal is achieved, your brain elicits positive emotions, leading to the realization that an effort results in a positive reward. It’s really that simple, but so effective!
– Contact TutorZ if you feel like you need to find a good tutor to motivate and inspire you.
I hope these tips will help you to understand how to get motivated to study!