1. Clean the room/house, make some notes and other stuff while you have time for this, do not spend it using social networks.
2. Use fineliners, markers, and color pens, whatever you prefer.
3. If you use the “The Pomodoro Technique”, change the length of the intervals and breaks from time to time.
4. Use a glider. Let it be small. Take it with you everywhere and use every free minute to repeat some materials.
5. Find out what time of day you think and learn better.
6. If you have some problems with your subjects take some time to catch up on what you do not understand. Fortunately, now there is a huge amount of resources to do this (use Coursera or YouTube videos, for example). You can also use the services of a tutor. Do not consider it shameful.
7. Also, do not be ashamed to use the help of a tutor. Today it is very easy to find a professional tutor online (use online tutoring platforms like TutorZ.com, for example).
8. You can use the phone as a glider. But the best choice is to have both: electronic and paper.
9. Do not worry if you failed the test or something like that. Look back, find your error and fix it!10. If during class you want to be distracted, to have something to do, then write these things on a separate piece of paper. After you’re done, you can do all these things. (More to come on when you practice at home)
10. If during the class you have a new idea in your mind but you do not want to be distracted, write these things on a separate piece of paper and do them later.
11. In the breaks between classes eat something healthy, not too sweet or fatty.
12. Try to write down the questions that arise during the lectures.
13. Try to answer questions that arise in the process of reading of a paragraph. Do it without any teacher’s help.
14. Read the information on a particular topic outside the classroom. It may even help you in the classroom. The teacher will know that you are interested in a subject, in the studying. But do not forget about the basic homework that you are asked to do.
15. Don’t sit far away, try to find a comfortable place to sit to hear a teacher and see a blackboard well.
16. Try to fall asleep before midnight.
17. Or count sleep cycles ( for example, use the website sleepyti.me or any other app).
18. As soon as you wake up, get up out of your bed and workout a little bit.
19. Work hard from the beginning of the year. After all, almost all of people wait for success “later”, but real success comes to those who work every day, from the very beginning.
20. Take some snacks and drink a lot during or in between classes. Drink preferably water. You can add some fruit, mint or lemon.
21. Make notes on little pieces of paper. Limit the number of sheets for each topic in order to write only the most important and needed information.
22. To avoid stress, learn at home no more than two hours without a break. You can study all day long if you take regular breaks.
23. It is also good to allocate one day off to have some rest.
24. Do not write a schedule for a week or more ahead. Always be ready that your plans may change.
25. Remember that when you feel really tired or sick, it is useless to study.
26. Do as much as possible at school to relax then at home. For example, you can make notes on the topics when you have some free time at school, and then revise them at home.
27. Put priorities in your studying. For example, if in any subject you already have some good knowledge, then you can study it less and focus on another subject.
28. Make flashcards only if you do not understand something or if the information is very important. Again, priorities, do not sit all day, doing only the notes.
29. Use the Internet, but do not overuse it. You can find some good words for your essays, but don’t write off all the writing.
30. Print the most important information if you have it in electronic form.
31. Curriculum to help! Be sure to write down all dates, tests, and inspections. Teachers usually tell them at the beginning of the semester.
32. Experience a little stress or fatigue – it is okay. Just do not turn this into something bigger.
33. Allocate time before the exam so that you have some time to prepare.
34. Do not use a pill that will help you not to fall asleep for a long time or something like that.
35. Do not listen to others saying how much they study. In most cases that is not true.
36. Choosing additional electives, focus exactly on what you like. Don’t you want to spend your time interesting?
37. Take notes of what the teacher says. They do not have to be neat so you will be able to fix and rewrite them.
38. Use a folder to collect some papers in one place.
39. Keep To-do list and schedule together. It can be as an app on the phone or a notebook.
40. If you are sick and skip a lot of classes at school, be sure to ask classmates to record lessons on the most important subjects, for example, on tape. If you can‘t, ask for a minimum of notes and homework.
41. Remember we talked about a convenient place in the class? Get yourself a few of those. If your is busy, you will be able to find another. The main thing is to understand where it is comfortable and good to sit, and where it is not.
42. Do not study in your bed. Remember that this place is just for sleeping.43.
43. Do not drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks.
44. Listen to the teacher🙂 Surprisingly, isn’t it?
45. Open a window in the study.
46. Try to help classmates if they do not understand something. In the future they will be able to help you.
47. Use several study techniques. Develop your visual and auditory memory.
48. Seriously… Listen to what the teachers say!
49. Set yourself realistic goals.
50. Read aloud the information that you need to learn.
51. Study in more comfortable clothing, especially if you are at home.
52. Do not abuse your workplace.
53. Do not waste your time trying to make notes as good looking as possible.
54. Know your methods of motivation. At a time when you don’t want to prepare for a very important test, motivate yourself to do it.
55. Try not to skip classes.
56. Always be busy with something so that your day will be more productive. Later you will thank yourself for it. When you will have deadlines, you will be able to do everything in advance.
57. Reward yourself with something for some excellent results.
58. Always think about the consequences.
59. Do not forget to have breakfast.
60.And lunch at school.
61. Do what you want, not what is in trend now.
62. Make a habit out of the process of studying. If you are going to do something every day, even for 20 minutes, you will feel the progress.
63. Diversify it.
64. Do not be afraid to ask teachers for help after the classes if you do not understand something. Ask if they have any pull-up exercises.
65. Look at the types of questions on the test you failed.
66. Always leave some room for something extra in your bag, do not overload it.
67. If it works for you, then study with your friends.
68. Do not spend all your free time on the social networks.
69. You should not panic if you do not know all the answers to the test. It is fine, you are studying!
70. Sleep a lot (but do not sleep more then 9 hours a day).
71. Eat a healthy diet.
72. Eat more nuts, fruit, vegetables.
73. Do not forget about protein and meat.
74. Listen to audiobooks while you are going to or from the school.
75. Overlook the test when it is done. Maybe you made a mistake?
76. Be sure to pay attention to the details.
77. Estimate how much of these tips you already use and try to use others. Enjoy!